Accounts Assistant or Senior with Progression - Tenterden
Due to continued growth, we are excited for someone to join our team in the Tenterden office in a varied general practice role, for a wide range of clients. We are looking to recruit a qualified, or nearly qualified ACA or ACCA seeking public practice career development, for our expanding firm. We will also consider AAT Qualified but only with a minimum of 4 years’ post qualified experience.
The role will include preparing accounts and tax computations and dealing with other tax and compliance issues for business clients. There will also be some work on private client files (such as property investment partnerships and landlords) as we provide support and compliance services for a varied range of clients. The role will also include review of VAT returns and bookkeeping prepared by more junior staff and by clients, assisting as part of a team with workflow in the office, and direct client contact.
There is scope for less experienced applicants to progress to a manager role and thus real career progression is available.
The role is full time, based in office three days a week, while work from home for two days is optional. Flexible working hours is available for the two home working days as well. Although this is ideally a full-time position, we will consider applicants wishing to work a minimum of 80% or more full time equivalent.
Applicants should be sure they are able to commute to Tenterden, Kent for the required three office working days.
Salary £35,000 to £42,000 depending on experience including company pension and private medical insurance.
To apply, please email your CV and what interested you in the role to email@example.com
- Preparation of sole trade, partnership and limited company accounts.
- Review of bookkeeping and VAT returns. Aiding clients with their software and procedures to streamline their bookkeeping process.
- Preparation and submission corporation and partnership tax returns.
- Having an active involvement in client and team.
- Assisting and aiding the training of more junior members of the team.
- Reporting and assisting partners.
- Relevant experience with accounts and business taxes
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good spoken and written communication skills.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with others and independently.
- Enjoy being part of a team.
- Building client relationships and trust.
- Knowledge of IRIS would be beneficial but not required.
- Have a good understanding and be confident with a variety of bookkeeping software.
Audit Manager / Partner Designate
Due to continued growth we are currently recruiting an ambitious ACA qualified with 3-5 years Practice Experience who also has Audit Manager Experience and with the ability to obtain an RI status. You need to be flexible, approachable, determined, and want to directly contribute to the firms ongoing success. This is a full time position.
The role will be challenging and gratifying and will require experience in the managing and completion of audits for small, medium and large companies and charities. This will lead to a portfolio of independent examinations for charities, solicitors, accounts and tax work for sole traders, partnerships, limited companies and personal tax return clients.
This role would suit an individual who has the desire to progress to Partner of a local practice within the next 2 to 4 years, where they would assist existing partners, build relationships with existing and new clients and manage staff. The role will also involve initially integrating within existing working practices and gradually help to shape the future of the firm.
Good Microsoft Office skills are required. Knowledge of IRIS and MyWorkpapers would be beneficial but not necessarily required.
The salary would be between £50,000 - £60,000 with further financial rewards arising with progression. This role comes with 5 weeks holiday plus pension and private medical insurance.
We are currently working a hybrid format so you should ensure you can commute easily to either Tenterden, Kent or Bexhill, East Sussex.
Gibbons Mannington & Phipps is a local firm with three offices, 8 partners, 1 associate and 45 staff assisting a variety of clients locally and in London in all areas of general practice, audit and taxation advice.
In order to apply please email your CV to General@gmpaccountants.co.uk.
We are a well-established, busy, friendly accounting practice with offices in Bexhill-on-Sea, Rye and Tenterden. We are a high-tech firm with paperless procedures and use cloud software.
Due to ongoing growth, we are looking for accountant trainees to join our team. You must be able to easily commute to one of our offices.
This role would suit a college leaver however a minimum of GCSE level education is required. If you are already studying for AAT qualification, that would great too, although this is not a requirement.
The role will offer the opportunity to experience all areas of accountancy whilst working towards an AAT qualification.
This is a full-time position, with our working hours being 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Salary is competitive and will depend on any previous experience and where you are with your AAT training, if you have already started.
Please send your CV to General@gmpaccountants.co.uk.
Accounts Assistant – Rye Office
Due to continued growth, we are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant, to be based in our Rye office. You should be AAT part/qualified with a minimum of 4 years’ practice experience. This is a full-time position.
Salary depending on experience including company pension and private medical insurance
- Preparation of sole trade, partnership and company accounts from client records
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Preparation of tax computations
- Preparation and submission of company tax returns
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Confidence with numbers
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Good Microsoft Office skills. Knowledge of IRIS would be beneficial but not required
GMP are working in a hybrid environment. The successful candidate would either be office based entirely, or part office-based part working from home, with attendance at the office a minimum of 3 days per week, depending on knowledge, training and experience.
In order to apply, please email your CV to General@gmpaccountants.co.uk.